Overall: Navigating Recovery of the Lakes Region (NRLR) provides peer recovery support services, including one-on-one recovery coaching and telephone recovery support program. Our Recovery Coaches can connect the peer in recovery with professional and nonprofessional services and resources available in the community.
Such services include:
- Sign up for Medicaid / insurance
- Link to resources for Primary Care Physician
- Genesis Behavioral Health for co-occurring mental health care needs
- A Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LDAC) for an evaluation to determine the level of care needed Detox/treatment/rehab facilities
- Medication Assisted Treatment (LRGH Recovery Clinic w/ Dr. Racicot)
- Intensive Outpatient Programs through Horizons Counseling Center
- Group meetings to expand social network support, such as 12-step, SMART Recovery, or Celebrate Recovery
In addition to connecting clients with other services and resources, Recovery Coaches provide interim support if a client has to wait for access to those services. For example, if there is a 3-6 week wait for a bed at a treatment facility, the Recovery Coach will meet with a client as often as necessary to help them maintain their sobriety.
Finally, Recovery Coaches work with clients, before and after other treatment services, to create a Recovery Wellness Plan, and help the client achieve the goals of that plan. Recovery Wellness Plans are individually designed for each client’s personal needs in order to maintain stable, long-term recovery. The wellness plan is a continually evolving roadmap, with achievable goals, that are adjusted accordingly as a person’s recovery path progresses.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
635 Main Street, Suite 303 Laconia NH 03246
General Operations Information:
Call or walk-in for a one-on-one appointment with a Peer Recovery Coach today. Or, call to sign up for Telephone Recovery Support services.
History of Navigating Recovery of the Lakes Region
The bucolic Lakes Region of New Hampshire, home to the largest lake in NH and its influx of summer residents, is also home to an economically disadvantaged and otherwise vulnerable year-round population. It is a district with a great need for a recovery community organization for its residents who suffer from substance use disorder. NRLR began as a grassroots collaborative group of community members who all recognized the need to create a supportive, recovery-informed community for those affected, as well as their family, friends, and coworkers. In just one year’s time, this peer-to-peer Recovery Community Center went from being a concept to opening its doors in December 2016 in a soothing loft-like space in downtown Laconia, NH.
Mission/Vision of Navigating Recovery of the Lakes Region
Navigating Recovery of the Lakes Region (NRLR) is a grassroots collaborative organization creating a supportive, recovery informed community for those affected by a substance use disorder, their family, friends, and coworkers. The recovery community center is focused on providing an open door for those seeking and/or embracing recovery as people begin and maintain the path for a productive life without alcohol or other drugs.
- NRLR believes all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- NRLR strives to end discrimination against people in recovery, and those still suffering from the disease of addiction.
- NRLR respects multiple pathways to recovery.
- NRLR embraces and promotes recovery in individuals, families, and communities.
- NRLR appreciates the interconnectedness of individuals, families, and entire communities.
- NRLR values volunteerism, service, and collaboration.
- NRLR knows recovery flourishes in supportive communities.
- NRLR knows recovery gives back what addiction has taken away.